Guptill makes a hat trick of 50s
Friday , August 03 2012 , 05:26 PM
Martin Guptill, with three consecutive half-centuries, has been one of the few bright sparks for New Zealand on a poor tour of the West Indies so far.
- Martin Guptill's third fifty (in succession) against the West Indies is his eleventh in Tests.
- Guptill's sequence of scores in the present series is 97, 67 and 71.
- Guptill's series aggregate of 235 at an average of 78.33 is the highest so far.
- Brendon McCullum's tenth duck in Tests is his first against the West Indies.
- Kemar Roach's 4 for 70 is his second best bowling performance against New Zealand, next only to the 5 for 60 at North Sound in the present series.
- Roach's tally of eleven wickets at 16.81 is the most in the present series.
- Ross Taylor's first fifty against the West Indies is his 16th in Tests.
- Since posting an unbeaten 122 against Zimbabwe at Napier in January this year, Taylor's aforesaid knock is his first fifty in eight innings as captain.
- Taylor is averaging 53.91 as captain in Tests - 647 runs in 15 innings, including a hundred and four fifties.
- Taylor and Guptill were involved in a stand of 103 for the third wicket - New Zealand's highest for this wicket-position at Kingston, Jamaica.
- Dean Brownlie's second duck in Tests is his first against the West Indies.
Catch all the live cricket scores at cricandcric.com